Ultimate
Supreme
Reaction score
HEY
HEY MORTY
I TURNED MYSELF INTO AN AMERICAN EXPRESS BLUE CASH PREFERRED CREDIT CARD MORTY
I'M AMERICAN EXPRESS BLUE CASH PREFERRED CREDIT CARD RICK
AMEXRICK.png

MORTY I ALSO TURNED MYSELF INTO A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO SET UP A JABBER SERVER WITH YOUR OWN DOMAIN

*transforms into jabber server set up tutorial rick*

Step 1: Choose a Jabber server software

There are several Jabber server software options available, including Prosody, ejabberd, Openfire, and more. For this guide, we'll be using Prosody
step 1.png

Step 2: Install Prosody

To install Prosody, you'll need to follow the instructions for your operating system. on Debian, Linux Mint and Ubuntu, you can use the following command:

>>sudo apt install prosodystep 2.png

Step 3: Configure Prosody

Once Prosody is installed, you'll need to configure it. The configuration file is located at /etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua. You can edit this file using a text editor like nano or vim.

In the configuration file, you'll need to set up the following:

- Domain name: This is the domain name that your Jabber server will be using. For example, jabber.example.com.
- Admin user: This is the username of the administrator account for your Jabber server.
- SSL/TLS certificate: If you want to use SSL/TLS encryption for your Jabber server, you'll need to set up a certificate.
3.png

Step 4: Start Prosody

Once you've configured Prosody, you can start it using the following command:

>>sudo systemctl start prosody

You can also enable it to start automatically at boot time using the following command:

>>sudo systemctl enable prosody

Step 5: Create user accounts

To create user accounts on your Jabber server, you can use the Prosody command-line tool called prosodyctl.

>>sudo apt install prosodyct

To create a user named "alice", you can use the following command:

>>sudo prosodyctl register alice jabber.example.com password

Step 6: Connect to your Jabber server

To connect to your Jabber server, you'll need a Jabber client; Pidgin, Adium, and Conversations to name a few.

In your Jabber client, enter the following information:

- Jabber ID: This is your username followed by the domain name of your Jabber server. For example, [email protected].
- Password: This is the password that you set up for your user account.
- Server: This is the domain name of your Jabber server.

AND THATS THE WAYYYYYYY THE NEWWS GOES

Top Bottom