Carding how to spot a fake skimmer seller

cemafai

Premium
Reaction score
so, after having an unpleasant experience with a seller on this forum i decided to write a guide on how not to get tricked by those so called skimmer manufacturers

first of all, based on your experience, you need to know what atm you wanna hit, the ones that you just dip the card in or the ones that "eat" the card, also called motorized.

we are not even gonna cover the bezels as those are long gone and so obvious that is not worth the risk

an actual skimmer builder will always and forever ask you about your experience because against all the beliefs, you do not just stick the skimmer in the atm and money pour in your pockets.
you will need computer knowledge on how to install the skimmer software (not all readers are next next next, finish) how to install the data cable that connects the skimmer to the computer and based on the software you use different ways to save the data.
some use encryption key, some use a decoder and so on.

a reputable skimmer seller NOT this guy i'm talking about will ask you if you ever install a skimmer because based on the tool you order is a key to insert and take out the tool or 2 keys, some does not even have keys you insert it with a cannibalized atm card.
also very important to know if you ever had experience because is one thing you see on a dead (no power no software controlled atm module in a house) and what happen in the street.
most of the tools are lost when the extraction key does not get the tool on the first try so this way u tickle the sensors and the atm door from the insert slot shuts off.
based on that knowledge an actual seller will send you keys with extra magnets or extra claws or even tape.

this brings us to the next step. there are magnetic stripe readers (basically miniaturized versions of msr mini123) and audio readers

first ones are used in 70-80% of the cases, data is stored plain in ascii text and is very easy to decode
the audio files, either you have also the decoder software or you pay for the decoding service.

you might ask what is the difference? well, now the atm technicians install the magnetic jamming.
this will affect a normal magnetic reader by sending a lot of "noise" (gibberish data) to the magnetic head, that will lead to a high battery consumption and filling up the reader memory
on an audio reader you do not have this problem or it will be slighty diminished

then you gonna need something to capture the pin. most of the things used are cameras disguised in atm panels. lately there are a lot of pinpads on the market but most of them have a low quality.

a reputable skimmer seller, especially one that work on commission will ask about your experience with those tools, if you know how to check the reader time with the camera or pinpad time to actually pair the data, this means the process where you go over the data on the skimmer and data you have on camera and you match the pin numbers with the dumps (this guy does not provide any info except the bitcoin address to pay 500$ deposit for the "tools", didn't even ask what part of the world i am from)

next step, an actual atm skimmer builder will offer you info on the type of atm you want to hit, because in different parts of europe they installed a metal detector in the readers and all the tools you can use there have to be made of carbon fiber or plastic.

in india you can not use a reader bigger than 1.12 mm because they inserted some metal protection in the readers so when you try to take out the skimmer it will rip apart the reader from the tool.

in usa they installed some visual sensors inside the reader, especially the motorized ones so if you do not cut holes on the skimmer body, the atm will sense is a foreign object in it and shut down by himself.

A SKIMMER HAS 3 VITAL COMPONENTS, MAGNETIC HEAD, BATTERY AND READER

based on the budget you can buy readers that range from 175$ to 1000$ a piece.
another thing that this guy fail to mention is to tell you the reader type he allegedly install on his skimmers (upon asked that he said he only sell and his technician build and he can not disclose this as it is a manufacturing secret)
based on the pictures and videos he has on his channel it is a clone of msrv014, the cheapest chinese reader you can buy.

magnetic heads comes in different shapes and powers or sensitivity if you wanna call it like that
the more sensitive the head is you have a greater rate of success in reading the dump on an old card, but also a higher rate to catch the magnetic jamming where present.
a less sensitive head will make the battery last longer but you will loose some of the dumps you get from the atm, another thing that this guy could not explain is the height of the magnetic heads (they look like the cheap 0.5mm heads) and how many ohms (that is the measuring unit of a magnetic head) they have
last and not least is the battery, where based on the number of mah (miliamperes) and how many customers you get a day you will know how many hours your readers will last ON (being capable to read data from magnetic stripes)

another thing, those being paper thin batteries some have a special way of charging, bear in mind i do not have anything against this guy, i build my own skimmers, i wanted to use his tools on commission but he failed to reply to any of the technical questions i asked him so i decided to expose my experience along with some info that you can use before sending your money to a seller.

a reputable seller will instruct you what kind of glue or tape to use to install the camera panel or the pinpad, especially when those are paper thin and even the slightest bend can make them unusable.

a reputable seller will give you a link to a dropbox where you can see and download the software and post videos of how the actual software works, even instructions
i know i give away free game and this will step up other "skimmer sellers" game but i would hate to know a newbie lost 500 or 3000 on snake oil

a reputable seller especially one that works on commission will ask everything before sending you a tool and ask 500$ as deposit for the tool.

in the end, i do not have anything against him, he might be legit but he did not reply to any of my questions that is clearly i already have the answers.

upon request i can provide pictures and videos of tools and a more detailed guide on how to use the skimmers. feel free to ask any questions and use this mini guide in any way you want.

cemafai

Premium
Reaction score
How a skimmer works?

is basically a tool that looks like a credit card that you insert into the atm card reader
some have magnets some have double tape some have spring

then you have a magnetic head that is aligned with the genuine reading head of the atm, a reader (thing at a miniaturized variant of mini123) and a battery
everytime a customer slide his card, your tool will read the information on his track 2

then you have a panel that imitates part of the atm where you have a camera and a battery used to record pin inputs

Top Bottom